Drill Down is one of the great features in Crystal Reports. You have to group the report and hide the Detail Section. Now only the Group Names (the Group Header) are showing with any Summary information in the Group Footer. Double clicking on a Group Name generates a separate tab and a sheet will be created on only that Group.
So how do you do that?
- Design you report as usual.
- Insert a Group and summarized data by Group if desired.
In Design mode, right-click on Section Name Details:
- On the shortcut menu-choose Hide (Drilldown OK).
- Crystal Reports will put diagonal lines across the section. (See them above).
- If you would like to hide more sections, repeat steps 3 & 4.
- Also, you are able to move the Summary Data from the Group Footer up to the appropriate Group Header section and hide the Group Footer.
- In Preview mode, the mouse will change to a magnifying glass as you mouse over the Group Header. When you see the magnifying glass—double click.
- Crystal Reports has generated a separate tab and sheet of data for that Group only!! How cool!
Hear about our latest Crystal Report blogs, classes, and webinars by signing up for our newsletter.